00:02:40 – Reading Time
You’ve heard the expression, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” But why? Simply because Apples are an example of Anti-inflammatory food, they are “body-friendly” and promote your well-being. On the other hand, there are… Inflammatory foods, which are silent killers. Did you know that they’re the number one cause of death in the world? They’re the root cause of most modern diseases. It is important to decrease inflammatory foods intake and embrace more anti-inflammatory foods.
What are anti-inflammatory foods?
Anti-inflammatory foods are foods that you eat to lower the odds of developing inflammation. If you have any sort of condition or disorder that’s causing you inflammation, it may help to decrease the number of inflammatory foods and increase the intake of anti-inflammatory foods. (1)
Benefits of anti-inflammatory foods
Consuming anti-inflammatory foods, along with taking conventional treatment, can go a long mile. Here are a few benefits of anti-inflammatory foods:
- Decreased risk of diseases such as heart disease, cancer, depression, and obesity.
- Decreased symptoms of autoimmune disorders
- Lower chances of enduring health challenges
- Lower pain for people with Arthritis
- Improved levels of cholesterol and sugar
- Enhanced energy
- Happier mood (2)
Anti-inflammatory foods to add to your diet
- Fruits, such as strawberries, raspberries, avocados, grapes, cherries, pineapple, and apples.
- Vegetables such as Spinach, Tomatoes, Kale, Broccoli, Cabbage, Collards, Carrots.
Vegetables such as Broccoli have been studied and shown that it decreases inflammation by reducing certain inflammatory chemicals such as Cytokines.
- Oysters and Fatty fish, such as salmon, tuna, and sardine.
Salmon, for example, concluded in a study that it is a “great protector” for inflammation.
- Nuts, beans, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds
Beans are rich in antioxidants that fight off inflammation. (5)
- Green Tea
Green Tea is praised for its “healing” abilities thanks to its antioxidants. It is an invaluable source of benefits such as weight loss, enhanced cognitive functioning, and the prevention of many types of diseases such as diabetes.
- Other Anti-inflammatory foods include:
Yogurt, Raw Honey, Dark Chocolate, Eggs, Herbs and Spices such as Turmeric, Cinnamon, and Garlic
Inflammatory foods to remove from your diet
- Junk and fried foods, such as fried chicken and french fries.
- Simple carbohydrates, such as white bread, white rice, and pastries.
- Overly-Sugary sweets such as ice creams and doughnuts.
- Processed meat, such as ham, pepperoni, beef jerky.
- Red meat, such as beef, goat, lamb, and pork.
- Alcohol and Soft drinks
“You are what you eat.” So if you wish to become super-healthy, it’s simple… Consume more anti-inflammatory foods and fewer inflammatories. The Greek physician Hippocrates was right when he wisely uttered, “Let food be thy medicine, and let medicine be thy food.” Over 2 millennia later, those words still stand true., Following a healthy diet is truly the key to prosperous health.